Buy Yourself The Best Pregnancy Pillow And Get The Comfort You Need
Are you expecting a new family member in your life? or making some plans for future to have a new addition in your family? And why you need a pregnancy pillow for your comfort sleep? Well! If all the questions meet the point about new born baby then you might will face some problems such as backache, cramps, varicose veins, and the sleeping problems at night. They are not dangerous but you should do some attention not just for your own health infect your new upcoming baby as well.
Why Do you Need A Pregnancy Pillow?
Carrying your baby for those nine months of pregnancy can be exciting but it’s all too hectic at the same time. You get exhausted by your minor routine chores and just want to get into your bed to have some rest. However, the growing baby bump can be hard to handle sometimes, especially when you want to have some sleep. That’s where you need the best pregnancy pillow which can ease any kind of discomfort that may be caused by the bump as you try to sleep in your bed.
The best pregnancy pillow reviews suggest that they will not only support the belly but will also help avoid back or hip pain. Yes, carrying your baby for all that time can be challenging and it can lead to such undesirable situations anytime.
Do Pregnancy Pillows Really Help?
During the pregnancy, many women are facing lower back pain, abdomen, legs swelling and pain. Pregnancy pillow can help you to provide such support to your painful areas and can make you feel happy during your sleep.
Benefits of Pregnancy Pillows
How To Buy The Best Pregnancy Pillow?
You might find many best pregnancy pillow reviews touting for their great benefits but one thing is for sure, not all pregnancy pillows are made equal. There is a lot to consider while choosing your best pregnancy pillow. One important consideration is how you’d be using the pillow and where you expect it to offer the much-needed support. Once you are clear on that, try to find out about different materials, styles, and add-on features that will make your pregnancy pillow amazon a great buy.
Here we have listed a few important factors that you should take into consideration while buying your best pregnancy pillow. Let’s have a look.
1. Shape and Style
There is a range of styles and shapes in which you can find pregnancy pillows on the market and they are all made to fulfill specific needs. Some of them are known to offer full-body support whereas others target specific areas of your body.
The full body pillows, such as U- and C-shaped alternatives, are known to offer comfort to your hips, back, and abdomen simultaneously and they also make sure you do not need any separate pillow at all. However, they are also the priciest pillows available and require significant amount of space for their large size.
On the other hand, smaller pillows, such as wedges, are made to offer relief to a specific area of your body. They’re more compact than there C- and U-shaped counterparts. Let’s try to find out some more specifics about these different pillow shapes.
- U-shaped Pregnancy Pillows: These pillows are large enough to run the entire length of one’s body and they are designed for cradling your head and body on both sides. In early pregnancy, you can expect these pillows comfortably supporting you to make sure that you easily sleep on your back. And, when you have to flip to a side, these pillows will make it comfortable too providing all the support you need.
- C-Shaped Pregnancy Pillows: These pregnancy pillows run with the length of your body and you can also configure them in a variety of ways. You can either hug them on the longer side or use them in a way that they offer support to your back while you tuck one of those shorter ends between the legs. With these pillows offering head support too, it’s time your regular pillow rests in the closet.
- Wedges: These pregnancy pillows have a smaller size as compared to the first two options. They’re designed to support a specific area of your body where you need extra support. Most of the times, women use wedges under their lower backs or bellies. Wedges also help ensure that you do not roll onto your back as you sleep.
- Inflatable Pregnancy Pillows: These pillows are also large in size and they are typically designed for those of you who are stomach sleepers. There’s a hole in the center to accommodate the baby bump as you stretch out on the stomach.
2. Support and Versatility
Just like any regular pillow, the pregnancy pillows also have different levels of support and firmness on offer. For instance, plush pillows make a perfect fit if you are looking for some extra comfort whereas a firmer pregnancy pillow would be helpful in alleviating hip and back pain. How much support you can expect from even the best pregnancy pillow out there also depends on its shape. If you choose fully-body pillows, you can expect support to several body parts but they are usually softer compared to other alternatives. Wedges and other smaller pillows are usually firmer and they target specific areas for support.
The way you want to use the pillow is also an important consideration. This is because some pillows offer greater versatility than the others. Wedge pillows offer great support to your back while sitting. Similarly, body pillows can also be used for multiple purposes. They can be used to offer support in the bed. In fact, you can also use them as a nursing option once you have given birth to your baby.
As far as the materials are concerned, pregnancy pillows may differ in their fill and cover materials.
The most commonly used materials include the following:
- Poly Fiber: This filling is made with polyester. It is popularly known for the fluffy feel and perfect airflow it offers. Mostly poly fiber is used in the full-body pillows to allow for a pliable, soft experience. This type of fill is machine-washable as well and different firmness levels can be achieved with it.
- Memory Foam: This type of fill is known for its amazing contouring properties. The pillows with memory foam fill tend to easily conform to the body. It gives a less firm feel compared to other materials, but it is also quite responsive when you change your positions. Most often, this fill is used in the smaller pillows, such as knee or wedge pillows, but sometimes body pillows use it too.
- High-Density Foam: It is used typically in the wedge pillows and is known for being one of the firmest options around. It makes a perfect choice for different propping areas where you need some extra support, such as the growing belly.
- Microbeads: This type of fill is made with tiny polystyrene balls and the pillows that use microbeads are often quite conforming. Microbeads are often used in the smaller pillows.
There are multiple options available in cover options as well. Here are a top few of them.
- Cotton: We all know cotton for being a soft and breathable fabric. And, if your pregnancy causing you to feel the heat, pillows with cotton cover make a perfect choice. If you are among those who like to sleep on natural fiber, try to look for the best pregnancy pillow with an organic cotton cover. One drawback that comes along, however, is that the material isn’t moisture-wicking.
- Polyester: It’s a durable choice and it is available in a range of different textures. Polyester covers can be stretchy as well so you can expect to remove the cover easily whenever needed and then put it on without any hassle again.
As you will be spending most of your time with the pregnancy pillow, it is important that your pillow is cleaned often. There are pillows available with easily removable covers and they’re machine-washable as well. For other makes and models, you might have to put the entire pillow into the wash. However, the washable covers make a great choice among the two options if it’s hassle-free to remove them and again put them back on. Apparently, it feels easier to wash the entire pillow to avoid the hassle of dealing with the covers, but if your washer is small and you want to wash your full-body pillow then you may not have many cleaning options. So, make sure that easy cleaning is also a factor you consider when buying your pregnancy pillow.
5. Warranty & Return Policy
Now, despite all the possible considerations, it’s often hard to decide if your chosen option is a perfect match for your needs unless you try it out for some time. So, it is very important that you look into return policies and trial periods before you actually make a purchase.
Most of the pregnancy pillows offer 30-days return policy, but you must look into every single detail because some of them might require the pillows to be in original packaging and not to be used before you choose to return them. In that case, you’d only be giving it a try through that plastic packaging and may not get an actual feel of it.
There are pillows available in 30-90 days limited warranty. It means the pillow won’t be returned if it comes back damaged. So, look into every single detail and assess all the terms and conditions before you actually buy one.
Pregnancy Pillow Reviews – Best Pick For Your Needs
There is a wide variety available in pregnancy pillows these days and, therefore, you should do assess your needs and buy only the best pregnancy pillow out there. You can buy your pregnancy pillow amazon after considering all the factors listed above to make the best purchase.
To cut the legwork for you, here we have listed 10 best pregnancy pillows that you can buy with full confidence.
1. Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
Why Leachco Snoogle?
Coming from a leading brand in the industry, the Leachco Snoogle Total Body pillow is an innovative product with comfort designs. Developed by a mother and registered nurse, the pillow offers support to your hips, neck, back, and tummy all together. It can also be shaped slightly so that you can make full use of it by twisting, folding, or even reversing the pillow to meet your particular support requirements.
This c-shaped pillow features cotton poly cover along with lofty poly fill which is machine washable. Even though it’s hard to replace it, zippered cover can be bought for replacing the original. You also have a variety of options available when it comes to color and it’s easier to find something that fits into your décor.
It’s the best pregnancy pillow no matter what pregnancy stage you are at. It provides an upright support to lounge and nurse when required. With its higher loft, it offers proper support to your neck and head when side sleeping, while its shape provides full body support.
The design of the pillow is such that it eases pressure on your lower back as well as the tailbone, and keeps you in an ergonomically correct position during later pregnancy stages.
Besides, if you are looking for a quality pillow that extends full body support for alleviating discomfort caused by a surgery or an injury, it will hold the body in right position and allow full relaxation.
- Offers full body support
- Eases pressure on the lower back and tailbone
- Gets rid of hip pressure
- Needs significant amount of space
- May feel a bit too soft
2. Jill and Joey Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
Why Jill & Joey Pillow?
The pillow comes with a lower profile as compared to a typical full body pillow and is quite affordable as well. It’s a miraculous product you need in your pregnancy to have a bearable sleeping experience. It’s quite a versatile option in comparison to those large body pillows and gives you the relief your back and baby bump are calling for. It doesn’t eat too much of space either and can be your perfect partner in pregnancy when you need a lot of room around you to make your movements easy. It makes sure that you don’t roll over while you sleep.
The wedge allows you to sleep on the left side as that helps the baby by increasing the nutrients and blood supply to the placenta. The pillow also offers the required support to your belly as well and helps reduce any kind of discomfort or pain around the hips, lower back, and pelvis. It also helps avoid swelling in the legs and feet.
Its high quality foam makes sure that it doesn’t overheat and you feel nice no matter how long you use it. It is made with polyurethane and doesn’t contain any PVC, BPA or Phthalates.
- Helps reduce rolling over in sleep
- Relieves pregnancy pain and discomfort
- Comes with a travel bag
- Features top quality foam which doesn’t overheat
- To some, it may not be a perfect choice while sleeping but can still be used for other purposes
3. Restorology 60” Fully Body Pillow
Why Restorology Pillow?
This really is the best pregnancy pillow amazon to buy as it’s designed specifically to follow your body’s natural shape and contours and gives full body support that you need during pregnancy. The C-shaped pillow helps you get rid of any and all the pains you may be having for different reasons during your pregnancy. It is comfortable, firm, and offers the support you need for your head, neck, as well as back for keeping you perfectly aligned on the side. As the pillow allows you to sleep facing either of its sides, you’d love to choose either open or closed side of the pillow while sleeping.
You can lie comfortably no matter which side you face. The pillow has a unique shape which provides support to your head and the back for preventing and relieving sciatica, lower back pain and heartburn.
Finally, this Restorology 60” pillow comes with an easy to clean zippered cover which you can remove and clean anytime. It is machine washable and tumble dried to keep things simple.
- Follows your body’s natural shape and contours to give full support
- Can replace multiple pillows and save you some bed space
- Relieves different types of pain and keeps you comfortable in pregnancy
- Cleaning is never an issue
- The fluffy and soft pillow may get hard and flat over time
4. Queen Rose U-Shaped Full Body Pillow
Why Queen Rose Pillow?
Queen Rose is a name renowned for pillow comfort, particularly for the mothers to be. As for this u-shaped total body pillow, it’s been designed specifically to support you through pregnancy’s discomfort according to your belly and back needs. Besides, it offers the support you need for any joint issues and sciatica. You will even find it helpful for injury recovery.
The full body design of this U-shaped pillow is versatile enough to serve a range of requirements and you can fold it for lounging, wrap it around to get the arm support, and even cradle it for nursing. It is something meant to give you full night’s sleep even in those uncomfortable days of pregnancy.
Cleaning is never a problem with its washable, long zippered cover that can be removed any time as you like. Besides, it is available in blue and pink covers to take care of the aesthetics. You can also find gray fleece option as well.
It really makes a perfect choice for the expectant mothers throughout their pregnancy. Anyone looking for a certain supportive position to recover from any kind of injury will also find it useful. Despite its higher loft, you can expect it to offer cradling support and it works fine under pressure. Its plush feel is ever more relaxing and it makes sure you do not have to put any strain on the back or undue pressure on your joints.
- It is an incredibly versatile product
- Makes an excellent choice to lounge upon
- Offers support to your belly and the back
- A bit bulky for moving around
- May not offer ample head support
5. Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
Why Hiccapop Wedge Pillow?
This compact wedge pillow makes a perfect choice for pregnant bodies that are always growing. It may look simple apparently but it does offer all the support your body needs during pregnancy. You would like the fact that it’s a double-sided pillow and offers a soft and firm option to rest your body on. The softer side can be exploited when you have just got pregnant and you’d like to explore its solid side when your belly starts getting bigger.
It really is a deluxe option that features memory foam on a side while having firm foam on other side. This way, you’ll be able to switch that feeling as per your requirements. It can be tucked under the belly, knees, or back, and you can also use it for lower back support when seated.
Its machine-washable cover can be removed any time and allows for easy cleaning. It is made with really soft velboa fabric. Extra airflow is created with perforated foam filling. So, if you prefer sleeping hot, it can make a perfect choice for you.
Best of all, the pillow comes with a lifetime warranty as well – something you don’t usually expect even from the best pregnancy pillow.
- Supports your back, belly, knees, and lower back
- Dual-side build with memory and firm foam
- Uses airflow ventilation technology
- Soft velboa cover that is easily removed for cleaning purposes
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Many users didn’t feel much difference in the firmness of the two sides
6. Boppy Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
Why Boppy Pregnancy Pillow?
Boppy is a name synonymous to quality as far as mother/baby products are concerned. They aren’t just affordable but also make your life a lot more comfortable as well. The Boppy pregnancy wedge pillow from the brand is quite popular and versatile offering support to help you rest easier during pregnancy. The jersey cover on it is quite soft and can also be removed easily to wash. Besides, it’s color is neutral and it can fit well in any décor.
It has been made to address the requirements of mothers in need of very specific support to their belly. The wedge is 4” tall and comes with a tapered foam which can easily take on your weight matter how heavily pregnant your belly may be. As a result, any strain and stress on your hips and back is alleviated. It not only helps your soft tissues to properly relax but also helps with appropriate spinal alignment as well as blood flow throughout the body.
You can lay against it, offering support to your back, and can also use it in different positions as you sit to get support and contouring comfort. Being small in size, the pillow works perfectly for those who don’t like the bulk that comes with whole or full body pillows. Nevertheless, it offers effective support throughout the night.
- It is quite lightweight and portable
- It is perfect for leg and hip support too
- It makes a perfect choice for sleeping in warm weather
- It is compact and ca be used for multiple purposes
- It’s a bit too thin to give proper cradling support
- Firmness may be a bit too high
7. Leachco Back ’n Belly Contoured Pillow
Why Leachco Back ’n Belly Pregnancy Pillow?
Another one from Leachco, it’s been loved by the users in many best pregnancy pillow reviews. The best thing about this pregnancy pillow is that it will make it easier and more natural for you to sleep on your side. It will conform to the shape of your body and will provide the support you need on either side of your back as well as belly.
It also helps you get rid of any hip pain that’s caused due to pregnancy. If you are in search of something comfy and full, that’s your best pregnancy pillow. It is fluffy and plush and you’ll love its soft and squishy feel.
The body pillow comes in the shape of a horse-shoe and its inner contours will caress the natural curves of your body. It offers support to your belly and back without any need of repositioning it.
- Designed to offer body support while making it easy to sleep in pregnancy
- It is generously-sized and aligns with your hips for ensuring neutral positioning of the joint
- Various positioning options will give you all the comfort you need
- Comes with a cool zippered cover which can be removed easily to wash in a machine
- Doesn’t fit every pregnant woman’s needs, so buy carefully
8. Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow
Why Today’s Mom Pregnancy Pillow?
With this jumbo-sized pregnancy pillow, you won’t need several smaller pillows to comfort yourself in pregnancy. It’s huge and forms more of a cocoon surrounding you.
The most commonly reported issue about big pregnancy pillows is those hard edges that dig into your shoulder. However, the curved shape of the Cozy Comfort pregnancy pillow supports your shoulders and goes along your shoulder’s contours giving you a perfect sleeping experience.
This is the best pregnancy pillow that supports your weight appropriately as you sleep. Belly support is what most expecting mothers are looking for and that’s what this pregnancy pillow will offer you.
The best feature you get with this pregnancy pillow is, probably, the square-shaped head rest support. Any other options you might find on market will offer oddly-shaped and flimsy head support. However, the one you get with this pillow resembles any standard pillow and offers all the comfort you need.
There is also a removable zipper cover that is machine-washable as well. The cover is made with 50% cotton and polyester, with 200 thread count percale.
- It comes equipped with a shoulder comfort system
- It gives cushion to the back providing support to the baby during nursing
- Its inner curve supports the belly and the back
- It caresses your body’s natural curves
- It’s not for you if you are looking for something small and compact
9. ComfySure Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
Why ComfySure Pregnancy Pillow?
Yes, you might ask why buy this pregnancy pillow amazon. Well, it is meant to make pregnancy much more bearable towards the end. It won’t just make the belly a lot more comfortable, it will also make sure that your neck doesn’t hurt anymore and you have full night’s sleep. Just like any C-shaped pillow, it will allow you to roll over without bringing the pillow with you.
Overall, it’s quite plush and cushy. And it is also thick enough that it will not flatten out. It is easy to clean and can be washed in a machine any time you like on cold and delicate cycle.
Even though it is designed for breastfeeding or expecting mothers, the u-shaped body pillow is also helpful for side sleepers. It not only separates the legs but also offers support to your bump, belly, arm, and neck to relieve any kind of discomfort and pain.
The best pregnancy pillow is plush and hypoallergenic. Made with polyester, it is still an ideal choice for people who have sensitive skin and allergies.
- It can be used as your reading and lounging cushion.
- It provides lumbar support and helps avoid sleep repositioning
- It is made with 100% polyester
- It is machine washable and can be cleaned quite easily
- It may not stay put between your legs and add to your bathroom trips during the night
- It may not be too portable
10. PharMeDoc C-Shaped Body Pillow
Why PharMeDoc Body Pillow?
The brand is known for manufacturing orthopedic bed pillows and different fitness products. And, this c-shaped pillow is meant to offer overall body comfort while supporting your spinal alignment. It offers all the versatility which makes it a perfect choice throughout your pregnancy.
The unique design of PharMeDoc Pillow allows for folding it up so that you can have a perfect lounging surface. Besides, its low and wider loft offers the options you need for creating a ‘nest-like’ sleep experience with all the support provided to your back and belly. There is also a body length surface for neck, head, and complete leg support.
It comes with a zippered-cotton jersey cover and helps in creating a cooler sleeping experience throughout the night. The design is just perfect for anybody in search of perfect nighttime support to their hips and the back. Being a pregnancy support pillow, its design helps alleviate any pain and gives joint relief while giving you a proper posture to sleep through the night and have proper rest. The shape of this pillow makes it more of a neutral choice so that it could be used for various other supportive roles.
- It helps in relieving neck and back pain
- It comes with enough loft to have proper neck support while side sleeping
- It shapes easily and gives all the support your body needs in pregnancy
- The zippered cover is removed easily and makes it easy to clean
- May not be too comforting for the taller people
So, if you are planning to buy pregnancy pillow amazon, these listed above make the best pregnancy pillow choices out there and you should buy them with full confidence. Just have a look at all those best pregnancy pillow reviews available online about these top 10 options and find out what users have to save about them. Even if you make your pick based on the information provided here, rest assured that you won’t be making a wrong choice. Just make sure you know exactly what you need and buy according to your own specific requirements. Have the most comfortable pregnancy ahead!